Mesabi Trail

Trail Conditions & Updates

Truck Traffic this Fall September 13, 2018

Watch for truck traffic crossing the Trail this fall west of Nashwauk due to mining activity.

2018 Fall Colors September 12, 2018

September 12th......just starting, temps this week in the mid to upper 70's. Supposed to cool down next week into the high 50's. September 25th...Leaves about 25%...Weekend temps supposed to be in high 40's, lows 33... no rain forecasted. October 2nd - According to MN DNR website, leaves are approximately 50 - 75%. Weekend temps predicted in the low 40's. October 4th - Heavy frost last night! October 5th - Woke to 1-1/2" of SNOW! Temps predicted to go back in the mid 40's - 50's. October 10th - 2 more inches of snow this morning, temps in the 30's this weekend, with more showers and snow predicted. Leaves are still hanging on. October 15th, woke to more snow again.......leaves just about over. October 17th - Wind has been ridiculous the last couple of days.......They're gone! :-( On a brighter note, tamarack trees are beautiful!.

Trail Closure - Biwabik April 24, 2018

Due to a washout, the Trail is closed East of Biwabik about 1/2 mile past the Trail parking area on Hwy 135 at Embarrass Lake heading towards Giants Ridge.