Great River Energy - Mesabi Trail Tour "Series"
Forced to cancel our 16th annual tour in 2020, we've come up with a new & creative plan to keep everyone safe from the virus...but still get you out there on an organized ride
to enjoy one of the premiere paved bicycle trails in Minnesota!
Ride for the fun or ride for the challenge - either way, the Great River Energy Mesabi Trail Tour "Series" is the most fun you can have on two wheels!
And now - you get to choose from three tours instead of just one!
Cost (per tour) is $45 for an individual, $90 for couples & families - kids ride FREE!
If you have ridden with us before, here are the changes you will see for 2021:
- Instead of one big tour in August - choose from three tours throughout the biking season!
- Instead of one long linear route - each tour will travel out & back on the Mesabi Trail from the same location.
- Instead of four linear routes - choose from two routes of about 25 & 50 miles, out & back on the Trail.
- Instead of being able to accept an unlimited number of riders - the number of riders per tour will be limited for safety and to meet any State mandates.
- Instead of opening registration in January - registration will open six weeks before each tour to allow for any modifications due to the status of the virus.
Tour #1 - July 31, 2021
Start & finish at the Minnesota Discovery Center in Chisholm.
Registration opens June 19th
Tour #2 - August 28, 2021
Start & finish at the Itasca County Fairground in Grand Rapids.
Registration opens July 19th
Tour #3 - September, 18, 2021
Start & finish at Olcott Park in Virginia
Registration opens August 16th
The tours are a fundraiser for the Mesabi Trail and Club Mesabi.