Great River Energy - Mesabi Trail Tour '19
Ride for the fun or ride for the challenge, either way mark your calendar for Saturday, August 3, 2019 for the Great River Energy Mesabi Trail Tour - the most fun you can have on two wheels!
The GRE-Mesabi Trail Tour is a unique recreational riding experience that both serious riders and families will enjoy - choose from four different routes ranging from 72 to 11 miles.
Cost is $45 for individuals, $90 for couples, $90 for families with children 18 and under - kids ride FREE!
NEW for 2019
- Our tour route changes every year. In 2019 we will be traveling from east to west on the Mesabi Trail - from Gilbert to Gunn Park near Grand Rapids (72 miles). Other start locations will include Buhl (52 miles), Nashwauk (24 miles) and Taconite (10 miles).
- Gunn Park is a new finish location for the tour - a beautiful wooded area, 3.5 miles north of Grand Rapids on Prairie Lake. The last 3 miles of the tour will leave the Mesabi Trail using the Itasca Trail to get to Gunn Park.
- The longest route from Gilbert will travel across the tallest bridge in Minnesota via the Mesabi Trail in Virginia.
Registration for the Tour includes all the following fun events, activities and entertainment for one incredibly low price:
- Live concert and picnic dinner at the finish line.
- Commemorative tour t-shirt for each participant.
- Three Day Mesabi Trail Wheel Pass.
- Transportation for riders and bicycles.
- Rest stops along the tour route with food, refreshments, and entertainment.
The Tour is a fund raiser for the Mesabi Trail and Club Mesabi.